Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 95000 what’s the aux for?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bobsmith
    Participant

I had a Boss RC-30 with Aux input. I would use it to load a pre-recorded sample from my iPad or computer thru the stereo 1/8” jack.

On the 95000 I was happy to see a 1/8” jack and was hoping to do the same thing, but I was disappointed to find that it only plays thru and doesn’t go to any tracks.

So, am I missing something? What the heck is the aux input for?

EHX STAFF
    Keymaster

AUX IN
    Jack
    This 3.5mm stereo input is mixed with the stereo
    output of the 95000 in the analog domain and is
    output through the L and R OUTPUT jacks, the
    Headphone jack, and the MONITOR OUT jack.
    Connect a phone, mixer, drum machine
    —or any other device with a line output

and mix the signal
    directly with the loops o
    f the 95000. The 95000
    does NOT record audio from the AUX IN Jack. Since
    the input impedance presented at the AUX IN Jack
    is 9.5kΩ, it is best suited for devices with line level
    outputs. Set the output volume on your AUX
    IN device to mix it properly with
    the 95000 output.

https://www.ehx.com/assets/instructions/95000.pdf

EHX STAFF
    Keymaster

To record your 1/8 out stuff just get an adapter and go in the 1/4 ins.
    Our 1/8 allows you loop along with a prerecorded source or drum machine.

Bobsmith
    Participant
    Quote:
    To record your 1/8 out stuff just get an adapter and go in the 1/4 ins.
    Our 1/8 allows you loop along with a prerecorded source or drum machine.

That won’t work unless you use a stereo to mono breakout cable and feed both left and right 1/4”. Then you’re forced to record onto 2 tracks. Kinda a waste. Would be nice if it could be summed to mono and put on one track.

I had to fix this by buying a Radial ProAV1 which sums the stereo to mono and goes into XLR on 95000. Bulky and expensive but works.

I guess I see the aux as kinda a waste, until I see some useful demos of it, I don’t see myself or many others for that matter using it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m running a mic into a Boss Ve-500 then to the 95000 but don’t always want to record the mic. So I’m running an A/B but to be able to monitor vocals regardless if they are running through 95000 and to keep things as compact as possible I’m considering running the 2nd XLR output of the boss ve500 into a behringer PM-1 passive personal monitor volume control then into the Aux input on the 95000. I don’t see why this won’t work. Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I’m running a mic into a Boss Ve-500 then to the 95000 but don’t always want to record the mic. So I’m running an A/B but to be able to monitor vocals regardless if they are running through 95000 and to keep things as compact as possible I’m considering running the 2nd XLR output of the boss ve500 into a behringer PM-1 passive personal monitor volume control then into the Aux input on the 95000. I don’t see why this won’t work. Any ideas?

Turns out this works GREAT. I converted an XLR output from vocal effects to 1/8” using a Behringer PM-1 passive headphone volume control. Input into EHX 95000 aux input. It actually sounds better then the other channel running into the 95000 input!

Are the A/D/A converters low quality? Confused why the AUX input sounds better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.