Home Forums Ideas / Suggestions / Feedback 95000 looper suggestions…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zmix

I’m a big fan of loopers in general and am happy to see the EH line expanding.

I think that the 95000 would be better if:

The track select buttons would act like level meters, or at least be used as signal indicators when playing, it’s sometimes hard to keep track of what’s on each track, especially in the heat of a performance.

The tracks could be used in a free-form unsynched way, like the Boomerang III, TC ditto x4 etc… sometimes it’s nice to have a floating bed of ambience under a performance… which could maybe be implemented by allowing independent playback rate on a per-track basis..

my 2¢

cloudspine
    Participant

One more suggestion.
    I asked whether this is possible in the tech forum, but I’m thinking it’s not currently an option, otherwise it would have been mentioned in the manual…

The ability to copy a stereo mixdown track to another loop.

This isn’t something that would find much use in a live situation, but it certainly would in studio circumstances, and especially for people who, like me, approach music through improvisation.
    I start by playing a rhythm on my Korg Wavedrum or Roland Handsonic, and then just keep on adding different percussion layers (after which I would add VSTi pads and soundscapes in my DAW). Having the feature I suggested would allow me to ultimately import every single separate percussion layer into my DAW for further processing and composing of the track.

What I suggested is, I guess, doable via a computer and USB, but it would be much less of a hassle and more productive if it could be done on the looper itself.

I’m a layman, but I still think it’s something that should be easy to implement in a firmware update…

Bobsmith
    Participant
    Quote:
    One more suggestion.
    I asked whether this is possible in the tech forum, but I’m thinking it’s not currently an option, otherwise it would have been mentioned in the manual…

The ability to copy a stereo mixdown track to another loop.

This isn’t something that would find much use in a live situation, but it certainly would in studio circumstances, and especially for people who, like me, approach music through improvisation.
    I start by playing a rhythm on my Korg Wavedrum or Roland Handsonic, and then just keep on adding different percussion layers (after which I would add VSTi pads and soundscapes in my DAW). Having the feature I suggested would allow me to ultimately import every single separate percussion layer into my DAW for further processing and composing of the track.

What I suggested is, I guess, doable via a computer and USB, but it would be much less of a hassle and more productive if it could be done on the looper itself.

I’m a layman, but I still think it’s something that should be easy to implement in a firmware update…

In the meantime you should be able to make the mix track into a new loop with a PC. It’s a little tricky but if you give it the right file names and keep track lengths all the same you can do it. It was a little easier to do it on a boss RC-30, but a computer was still needed.

cloudspine
    Participant

I know. Presently, I mix down to stereo, copy the whole folder to a new one, rename it consecutively, and then clear the mono tracks…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.