Home Forums Vintage EHX ’78 Electric Mistress Trim Pot Alignment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Is there anybody that could help me out in regards to instructions for a trim pot alignment on my ’78 mistress? I am not comfortable shipping it off to Howard Davis or anywhere else (never know with couriers), so I was hoping to obtain the instructions so I could bring it to a local tech. Any help would be appreciated!

[EDIT] I just realized I posted this in the wrong place so this question will be posted in the proper category.

stefani88
    Quote:
    Is there anybody that could help me out in regards to instructions for a trim pot alignment on my ’78 mistress? I am not comfortable shipping it off to Howard Davis or anywhere else (never know with couriers), so I was hoping to obtain the instructions so I could bring it to a local tech. Any help would be appreciated!

[EDIT] I just realized I posted this in the wrong place so this question will be posted in the proper category.

Thank you so much for your post.

The EH Man

the trim on the right is for the delay IC. Move it to either side till the signal cuts out then set it in the middle of the 2 cutout points.
    The trim on the left is Feedback. Turn it up till the pedal oscillates (with Color and Range on max) then back it off till it quits oscillating.

guedzilla

Isn’t it potentially harmful for the pedal to turn the knob up until the unit oscillates? I thought I read that somewhere.

The EH Man
    Quote:
    Isn’t it potentially harmful for the pedal to turn the knob up until the unit oscillates? I thought I read that somewhere.

You don’t leave it there. Once you hear it start to oscillate you back the trim off till it stops.

guedzilla

Ok, thanks. I’ll have a go at it later.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.