Home Forums Vintage EHX ’68 LPB1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Steppenram

I think that this is the very first EHX product. You see,the slide switch is located a bit more on the left. A knob is bigger than the later model. This sounds・・・!?

The EH Man

The one w/ plain lettering is definitely the earlier version, but I’m pretty sure the knob is non-original.
    Send me your address and I’ll send you a knob for it.

Steppenram
    Quote:
    The one w/ plain lettering is definitely the earlier version, but I’m pretty sure the knob is non-original.
    Send me your address and I’ll send you a knob for it.

The knob is the same as the one on the sale ad back then. I have three of them and all have this type.

The EH Man

Hard to tell from that pic.

Fender&EHX4ever

I just bought one of those recently. The knob on mine has a little screw for securing the knob to the shaft, and there’s no pointer.

The EH Man

I’ve got one that has a sticker on it that says “BASS BOOSTER”. I believe it’s a bass version that predates the Mole.

BlueSteel
    Participant

How much do these go for? I imagine they must be pretty expensive.

The EH Man

Less than $100 usually.

BlueSteel
    Participant
    Quote:
    Less than $100 usually.

really? i’ll have to check ebay every once in a while to try to find one :)

duckbunny

Hmmm… I have an LPB that certainly looks old, but it seems that the Plug and amp output are on the left. and the input is on the right. How can this be? Is it a reissue unit? It was given to me, so I’m not out any money if it is!
    [img]http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk392/hx_man/IMG_0782.jpg?t=1240779312[/img]

Fender&EHX4ever
    Quote:
    Hmmm… I have an LPB that certainly looks old, but it seems that the Plug and amp output are on the left. and the input is on the right. How can this be? Is it a reissue unit? It was given to me, so I’m not out any money if it is!

IIRC, EHX made them in both configurations so you could choose if you wanted to plug it into your guitar, or plug it into your amp. I’ve seen a version where both ends were female. I’ve thought about converting mine to that configuration. Seems like it would be more practical that way.

Steppenram

There were several versions. Male plug on the right or left,Input on the right or left,etc.

DiscoFreq
    Participant
    Quote:
    IIRC, EHX made them in both configurations so you could choose if you wanted to plug it into your guitar, or plug it into your amp. I’ve seen a version where both ends were female. I’ve thought about converting mine to that configuration. Seems like it would be more practical that way.

A few minutes ago I received a letter, brochures and 4 order forms for dealers from 1972.

The order form has separate lines for the “amp plug-in” and the “inst plug-in” versions:

Code:
    LPB-1 amp plug-in Power Booster $ 8,00
    LPB-1 inst plug-in Power Booster 8,00
    MOLE amp plug-in Bass Booster 12,00
    BIRD amp plug-in Treble Booster 11,00
    BIRD inst plug-in Treble Booster 11,00
    EGO amp plug-in Microphone Booster 10,00
    MUFF amp plug-in Fuzz-Sustain 11,50
    MUFF inst plug-in Fuzz-Sustain 11,50

BlueSteel
    Participant

I see that those LPB-1s have like straight black lettering, but how much of a later model are ones like this with more curved lettering? http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRO-HARMONIX-LPB-1-LPB1-GUITAR-AMP-POWER-BOOSTER_W0QQitemZ200339576391QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item2ea52b5647&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

DiscoFreq
    Participant

I don’t know when those were made, but there are other types of lettering:
    http://filters.muziq.be/model/eh/lpb1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.