Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 44 magnum unstable at 4 ohms

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    the snuggler

44 mag into a 2×12. The 12s are 8 ohms a piece.
    Wired for 4 ohms the 44 mag sounds absolutely
    fantastic until you go past 11 o’clock. The amp
    Sounds like a bucket head solo.

SanquiFlerb

Both the 22 and the 44 work only on 8 or 16 ohms.

the snuggler

44 Watts at 8 ohms?

KartoonHead
    Quote:
    Both the 22 and the 44 work only on 8 or 16 ohms.

Trudat

SanquiFlerb
    Quote:
    44 Watts at 8 ohms?

or 16 ohms, but it doesn’t work on 4. when they first advertised the 22′ it was supposed to work on 4 ohms too, but there where issues with it, so they stopped advertising that it worked on 4 ohms

rikhi

On the literature I got with my 22 Caliber it says it’ll work with 4-16 ohms, but not reliably at 4ohms… break up problems and all.

the snuggler

Yeah, but it sound JAWSOME @ 4 ohms until the circuit breaker shits the bed in the pedal.

rikhi
    Quote:
    Yeah, but it sound JAWSOME @ 4 ohms until the circuit breaker shits the bed in the pedal.

And THAT my friend is why I’d be more than happy to try it hahahaha.
    Considering how small it is- amazing just how much the little bugger can do. I’m more interesting in that that what it doesn’t.

the snuggler

“44” Watt amp at like $abuck fifty? JAWSOME

Cryabetes
    Participant
    Quote:
    On the literature I got with my 22 Caliber it says it’ll work with 4-16 ohms, but not reliably at 4ohms… break up problems and all.

in the video when the .22 first came out, didn’t mike say it could drive 1Mohms? anyone ever try running it into a pedal at all? did it just predictably ruin the pedal?

the snuggler

My amigo accidentally ran it into his equalizer, but it didn’t ruin the pedal. It also didn’t work either

SanquiFlerb
    Quote:

Yes, that is true, but later on they found out that at 4 ohms it was unstable and now they advertise it to work at 8-16 ohms

monkmiles

Is there cases of any 22 Calibers working at 4 ohms? Mine says 4-16 ohm on it, but it seems it wasn’t properly tested at 4 ohm upon initial release from what I’m reading here.

Will running it at 4 ohms break it? I was going to try mine and see, but don’t want to cause any issues.

the snuggler

I’d not think you cab burn that amp up by running it at incorrect impedece. The amps seem to be pretty idiot proof.

the snuggler

You can definetly burn an amp up running it at the wrong impedance. But not this one
    No matter what the issues are at 4 ohms this is just an incredibly engineered must have product
    ESPECIALLY FOR THE MONEY.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.