Home Forums Vintage EHX 4 Knob Deluxe Memory Man

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    The303

Anyone have experience with these? I know there is no modulation, but how many ms of delay time can you get? I have a stereo memory man that sounds great; just want a little more delay time.

Stoner Wizard
    Participant

I purchased recently an old unit, it’s the blue 4-knob DMM.

I love its sound but it is definitely more lo-fi than the later 5-knob model. Part of the lo-fi nature is due to the BBD chips used – Reticon SAD1024 in contrast to 5-knob models, which used the Panasonic MN3005 chips.

The 4-knob DMM has an estimated delay range between 15 and 400 milliseconds. As far as I have tested my unit, the repeats tend to be darker at long delay time settings.

There is also another issue which is more noticeable at long delay settings, which is a high pitch background noise on the repeats.

The level control is always active, no matter the effect is bypassed or engaged. With this feature, the bypass and effect volume are always the same. The old 5-knob DMM and the early non-TBP reissues still had this feature.

At the moment, I have only tested the pedal with bass guitar at room levels, playing it through a mixer, I haven’t noticed tone sucking but I still have to check it with guitar and amplifier to measure it.

Regards.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.