Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 with Ableton Live

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    newpolluter

Hi EHX community,

I’m hoping someone can help me with a major problem I’m having. When using the 2880 as a slave in Ableton Live with External Clock and Quantize on, my loops fluctuate wildly in tempo and become distorted. My keyboards will warble like they are on old analog tape, which is kind of a cool effect, but it is certainly NOT what I want. I’m running the 1.5 firmware.

Does anyone know how or why this might be happening, or experienced similar issues? Things were working fine when hooked up to a Electribe drum machine, but now they are totally wonky. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

newpolluter

newpolluter

You know what, I think the problem was actually with the way the midi data was being handled by my external sound card, the M-Audio Firewire. I routed the MIDI signal a different way (through my Axiom 25) and now things are working much better.

Good to hear. I’m considering purchasing the 2880 to replace Ableton as my main looper, while still using my laptop as a midi sequencer. Do you have any samples of yer music I can check out? I always like to see what other loopers are doing.

TGM

P.S. http://www.myspace.com/theghostmachina

Sorry, almost forgot.. Cryabetes (another user on this forum) does some great things with his 2880. You should check him out to;)

TGM

Cryabetes
    Participant

oh hey another electribe/2880 user. Welcome. get your stuff sorted?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.