Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 … no stereo dry out?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    diblet

when hooking a pair of stereo mics up to the 2880, i was surprised that the dry out is not in stereo, but rather the unit funnels both tracks down to one mono signal as the dry out.

am i missing something here, or should a unit that has stereo ins and stereo outs pass a stereo signal through as stereo?

are only the loops able to be sent out of the unit as stereo?

is there any way to modify the unit to pass the dry signal out as stereo (not mono)?

thanks for your input guys — id be curious to here from ehx on this one…

cheers to an otherwise amazing piece of hardware!

ghost

The four tracks are Mono. So they treat the two inputs as mono sources. If you push the “Stereo Mode” button on the left there – it will record the left input on track one and the right input onto track two – so just set them up panned hard left/right and it will come out stereo. You essentially are turning the 4 track looper into a two track looper – Although when you mix/bounce them down to the 5/6 slider it will be in stereo and you cane reuse the 1/2 & 3/4 pair.

Sorry if that made no sense…

freshchops

Long answer short, no you can’t run a stereo pair of signals out in stereo aside from loop playback, and you’re right, maybe you should be able too.

The stereo in’s are really just two mono channels in (labeled R & L). Just as the 4 loop channels are mono too (with the ability to pan). However, I’ve never tried to run a dry signal of two inputs, panned hard Right and Left while the “Stereo Mode” was engaged. Maybe, although I doubt, it might place the two signals panned – if you have both outputs feeding something and panned hard left/right too.

That might be a good suggestion for a “2880 Suggestions” thread…. and let suggestions accumulate as users explore the looper. I still find it doesn’t lack anything personally, but could see your point about a convenient stereo-dry signal out. you would pretty much be looking for an additional dry signal slider along side of the lone existing one. I personally like the dry on one slider, and could see nuisances with two dry sliders…. I’m sure they have a logical reason they laid it out like that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.