Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 looper: extend maximum recording time

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Cryabetes
    Participant

ah but the cc values are automatable – so draw a looping 16 hour track in your DAW, where every four hours, change cc105 from 0 to 127 (track select), and set the volumes where you want them for cc’s 21, 22, 23 and 24 (track volumes). That’s on p25 of the manual.

momomo

cool.
    i tried it with a short clip that I slowed down by factor 4.. the sound quality is still good & i can automate it the way you explained..
    I get little gaps when it jumps from channel to channel (because the 2880 can only receive midi commands, when there is 300ms between them), but that’s acceptable.

Now it would be perfect if I could bypass the computer somehow… is there a hardware midi sequencer that can automate cc# ?
    that would be great! i feel a bit uncomfortable to let a daw run for 1 month. it might crash..

thanks again. your tips really open up a lot of “hidden features” in this looper!

Cryabetes
    Participant

none that I know about; I remember being really excited because the electribe’s motion sequencing is basically just cc automation, except they forgot to put in the part where it sends that cc signal over the midi. :/

Glad this worked out for you! Hope the show goes well.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.