Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 does not read nor record anymore

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jeanlours

hello
    My 2880 does not want to read or record anymore – when I start it, all leds light for a very short span, then the tempo led lights, and the clix led lights too, and thats all – I just can select a track, or choose stereo mode, they’re the only buttons that work. Quantize and ext clock work too, but that’s all: New loop doesn’t work, nor record and play — and that’s the same with the pedal board… I can’t read the last loop I recorded yeerday, ad I can’t record a new one

does anyone know what’s happening?
    Maybe the memory card is full, or, worst, does not work anymore

I played yesterday evening & everything worked perfectly…

JL

julian

probably the memory card

a lot of people seem to have problems with those

jeanlours

thank you for your fast answer – I never changer the CF cart EHX sent with my unit, and I should have bought another one from the start.

the pb is, I have a new macbook, running on leopard – this new OS will format CF cards ONLY on fat 32, there is no choice – I just formated mine to fix it, but it’s now on fat32, so it does not work anybetter :-/
    I wonder, how can I be sure, when I purchase a new CF card, if it’s in fat16 or in fat32?

The worst thing is that I won’t be able to buy any card before monday morning – everything is closed in France on sundays… 36 hours to wait before playing again…

freshchops
    Quote:
    thank you for your fast answer – I never changer the CF cart EHX sent with my unit, and I should have bought another one from the start.

the pb is, I have a new macbook, running on leopard – this new OS will format CF cards ONLY on fat 32, there is no choice – I just formated mine to fix it, but it’s now on fat32, so it does not work anybetter :-/
    I wonder, how can I be sure, when I purchase a new CF card, if it’s in fat16 or in fat32?

The worst thing is that I won’t be able to buy any card before monday morning – everything is closed in France on sundays… 36 hours to wait before playing again…

99% chance it’s a bad (failed) card…. formating or not. Mine completely bonked out (too). You can format it to any option you’d need even with a Mac… I did. But, it’s likely that the card could have failed. They have their format recommendations, but I’m not so sure that it’d matter if it’s FAT 16 or FAT32…. or anything else for that matter. Aside from my failed OEM card, I’ve had no problems with any others no matter how they were formated.

Good luck! and fuuck Sundays!

jeanlours

well thanks a lot for your kind answer that gave me hope again
    I’ll wait until tomorrow, and I’ll buy any CF card, so I’ll see if the FAT16 or FAT32 format is a pb…
    have a nice sunday – even if every shop is closed, i’s a nice time for playing with all our EHX toys ;-)

all the best

jl

jeanlours

hello
    it’s me again, coming back from summerbreak —
    well, I just bought a CF card – it does not work either :-/
    I checked it, it’s FAt32 — So, I’ll format it to fat16 as soon as I find a friend with a PC (our macs format only to FAT32, too bad), and I’ll tell you if the format thing is important or not…

jl

jeanlours

well, I found a Terminal command that lets me format my CF cards to FAT16, even on my latest mac — I formatted my OEM card and it works fine again
    the question is: how come that card changed format alone? Wednesday night I played wuth it, ok, saturday evening I plugged the 2880 and it did not work anymore… and yesterday I formatted it to Fat 16, and now it works again: ???

In case any mac user has the same problem, here’s the terminal command I found:

format partition as fat16 on mac osx 26/05/2007

just in case i forget, in order to partition a disk with a FAT16 partition:

diskutil partitionDisk /Volumes/NDS 1 MBRFormat “MS-DOS FAT16” “NDS” 1000M

that is:

* /Volumes/NDS: the mount point to partition, could also be /dev/disk1
    * 1: the number of partitions
    * MBRFormat: the partition format, MBR is the usual default for removable storage
    * “MS-DOS FAT16”: partition type
    * “NDS”: partition name
    * 1000M: 1000 megabytes (size of the partition, if it is the last, it will span to the end of the drive)

I worked for me on a macbook on OS 10_5_4

all the best

JL

B.Daws
    Participant

I just got my 2880. It came with two cards and the second one didn’t work. It was formatted in Fat32 (I think, might have been 16). You do not format the cards in 32 or 16!!! The manual says in windows click format and the just select FAT (it is the default one, just FAT not FAT16 or FAT32) and this is what I did and now it works great. Do a long format as well not a quick one and it should fix your problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.