Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 Count In

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    efef

Hi

Let’s say i’m on my own on the stage with drums, voc-mic stand and a guitar,
    my 2880 + controller is on the floor beside the voc-mic stand.

Is there a way to push the record button on the 2880 and make it start recording after 1 bar so it can give me the time to go behind the drums and start playing on the first beat ??

if the 2880 has not got the Count In function, how do you reckon i can cope with this timing problem?

thanks.

julian

From the manual:

How to Record a Quantized Loop:
    1. Press the QUANTIZE button to turn on Quantize mode. Its corresponding LED will light up.
    2. Turn the CLIX LEVEL knob up so that you will be able to hear the metronome Clix.
    3. Press the NEW LOOP Button. The RECORD LED will blink rapidly.
    4. At this point you will hear the metronome beating at the tempo set by the TEMPO Slider. You can adjust the
    tempo by moving the tempo slider up or down. Up will give you a faster tempo; down will be a slower tempo.
    5. Hit the RECORD button. The 2880 will not immediately begin recording but instead will give you a 4-Beat countin.
    On the 5th beat, after the count-in, the 2880 will begin recording. This is beat 1 of the loop. Upon hitting the
    RECORD button, the Clix metronome will reset to beat 1.
    6. For a Mono recording, TRACK 1 LED will blink rapidly during the 4-Beat count-in. When making a Stereo
    recording, both the TRACK 1 and 2 LEDs will blink rapidly during the 4-Beat counting.
    7. Once the TRACK 1 LED goes solid, the 2880 is recording.
    8. To stop recording, hit either the RECORD or PLAY buttons. Press RECORD or PLAY within the first 2 beats of the
    current bar and the 2880 will truncate the loop length to the end of the previous bar. Press RECORD or PLAY
    during the 3rd or 4th beats of the current bar and the 2880 will finish recording the current bar then stop
    recording. For example if you want to record a 2 bar loop, you can press the PLAY button during the 3rd and
    4th beat of the second bar or within the first 2 beats of the third bar. The QUANTIZE LED will blink rapidly until
    it finishes recording the loop.

efef

thanks Julian,

Can you set a 2-bars count-in ?

Also, i’m just thinking if the 2880 allows you to record 1 bar or 2 bars as needed and then stops automatically
    (without pressing anything) the recording ?

Thanks again

julian

I don’t have a 2880, so I’m not sure. If it doesn’t say anything about automatic stopping or a two bar count in, then I don’t think you can do it.

Maybe a good solution would be two have 2 foot controller pedals, and a switchblade controlling which one you’re using. So you could have one near the drums and one near the mic stand. (I’d think you could use a switchblade, someone correct me if I’m wrong)

Of course that’d mean spending money :(.

Also possible to have a midi solution, which also means spending money.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.