Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 2880 button problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alois
    Participant

Hiya,

My 2880 recently started doing this very annoying thing… its only been happening for a few weeks now:
    The ‘track select’ button on the unit does *sometimes* switch stereo-mode on/off (just like the button below it does)! It happens randomly every x-th track-select button press, sometimes more often, sometimes less, but its always *highly* annoying of course…
    The ‘stereo mode’ button below works fine and always does what its supposed to.
    When i use the track-select switch on the footpedal, everythings fine and it always works – no stereo-mode switching occurs. So it definitely looks like its some issue with the track-select button on the unit.
    Any ideas ? Could dust/dirt in the unit be causing this? Im running the latest 2880 firmware.
    Thanks for any help. I love my 2880, but this is truly annoying. It kills the flow !
    Regards
    -Alois

B.Daws
    Participant

I’m going to assume you aren’t accidentally hitting both buttons on the unit (Giant fingers?). It could be a wiring issue, open it up and have a look. Maybe you could also try a can of compressed air and give it a good spray if you work around a dirty environment!

alois
    Participant

Erh, yes, you can definitely assume that i’m not hitting two buttons.
    A wiring issue ? as i said, it worked just fine until recently, so i dont know…
    compressed air is worth a try i guess.
    Thanks!
    does anyone from EHX have an idea?

electro-melx
    Quote:
    does anyone from EHX have an idea?

To be frank peeps from EHX seem a bit thin on the ground around here lately, I would go for the direct approach.

https://www.ehx.com/about/contact

there is email, telephone no. and mail address on that page.

I’d try emailing first and see what they say.

alois
    Participant
    Quote:
    I’d try emailing first and see what they say.

ive done that 2 days ago, but no answer yet…
    judging from previous attempts to contact ehx with questions about the 2880, months ago, im not sure i should hold my breath, tbh…never got an answer so far.
    EHX, can you hear me ?

alois
    Participant

bump

no luck with compressed air.
    EHX ?

alois
    Participant

from ehx/support:

“Last, if you can’t seem to get an answer from the product pages or forums — we welcome your questions via email.”

hmmm, really?
    honestly, it doesnt look like it so far. really dissapointing.
    and my 2880 was not cheap over here in europe.
    its not like i dont understand people being stressed and busy at times, but, ive sent you 3 emails so far, and it doesnt feel or look like they went anywhere at all.
    something like ‘we don’t know’ would be something really. but nothing at all??

electro-melx

Try sending a PM (private message) or Email to Rick Stevenson (EHX Staff) or Flick (EHX Staff) from these links.

https://www.ehx.com/member/100/

https://www.ehx.com/member/914/

…other than the main email (which you don’t seem to be having any luck with) I don’t know what else to suggest. :(

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.