Home Forums Ideas / Suggestions / Feedback 22500 Looper Clearing

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    rotini

Same here. In another thread, EHX says the engineer who wrote the code for the 22500 is deeply involved in other projects. It’s not clear whether they intend on updating the 22500, if it’s actually scheduled, or why someone else can’t do it. I simply think it’s not a priority, which is a shame since this pedal could really take off.

I’m going to purchase my next looper when I return to the US and it’s between the Boss RC-300 and this one completely dependent on this feature. A lot of thought seemingly went into the 22500 but I guess they decided to leave out this feature for live-use…

I registered JUST to try to give this issue more attention!
    I’ve got a 22500 and WISH that EHX would care enough to listen to the voice of its customers and make this update/change a priority.
    Not only would it benefit current customers – and show that EHX cares – but it would also get attention from the rest of the music world! It would solidify the 22500 as THE. BEST. looper in the looping world. For that, it’s a WIN-WIN!
    Cmon EHX! Be the great company that we all know you are!!I registered JUST to try to give this issue more attention!
    I’ve got a 22500 and WISH that EHX would care enough to listen to the voice of its customers and make this update/change a priority.
    Not only would it benefit current customers – and show that EHX cares – but it would also get attention from the rest of the music world! It would solidify the 22500 as THE. BEST. looper in the looping world. For that, it’s a WIN-WIN!
    Cmon EHX! Be the great company that we all know you are!!

Sickstring

I just got my 22500 and am so disappointed and frustrated with this. I compared a bunch of loopers I’m person and online before getting the 22500 and I chose the 22500 because on paper it looks like just what I wanted. More manageable footprint than the 48000 with built in buttons so I thought I could try it out as a stomp before investing in the extra footswitch, more banks and recording time than the 720.

I’ve been using the reissue 16 second delay as a live looper for years, and I assumed the 22500 with many similar features but adding banks, sd card storage, rhythms, and stereo functionality, would be the perfect update. I am really shocked that the 22500 has no easy loop erase feature, but I’m even more shocked that there has been no update now that EHX has been promising one for over a year, ESPECIALLY SINCE THE 720 ALREADY HAS MOST OF THE FEATURES PEOPLE ARE REQUESTING FOR THE 22500! The 720 has easy loop erase, instant undo/redo via the auxiliary bank footswitch, and footswitchable octave and reverse. The 16 second delay RI has similar footswitchable features and is much older. And the 48000 has extensive MIDI control, which I’d think was easy to implement over USB for an established company like ehx that’s done this for so long.

I own and use a lot of EH pedals and have been impressed with the new products the company has been putting out. I wish I had come across these forum comments before buying because at the very least the lack of erase is a deal breaker, but I didn’t see it mentioned in any of the reviews or demo videos I checked out before buying, and my existing experience with other ehx looper products led me to expect so much more.

Man…

What a f.!!

Now is 2018, and nothing, no updates, no response… Nothing!!

What You thinking about It??

Shit!!:ahhh:

danibal
    Participant

Could you please find a better sollution for UNDO in the individual loops? As in I would like to see an instant UNDO function. It really gives you more power to time your musical frases instead of this unmusical 2.5 second fix. Your products look really great but loopers with instant undo are hard to find. I hope you’ll have an update like this in the future on this device or another brilliant looper. :)

Quote:
    [strong]I second this post.
    Please upgrade firmware for easier loop deletion. [/strong]
    Suggestions:
    – Holding down stop button for longer than 1 second erases both loops.
    – Holding down individual loop button for longer than an undo/redo (like 2.5 seconds) erases respective single loop.

This other thread deals with the same problem by the way.

LoopyGuitar
    Quote:
    I registered JUST to try to give this issue more attention!
    Cmon EHX! Be the great company that we all know you are!!I registered JUST to try to give this issue more attention!
    Cmon EHX! Be the great company that we all know you are!!

I own several of your pedals and love this one, with the exception of the clearing function.

Please! Do yourselves a favor and notice that over 30,000 USERS have viewed this particular issue. Listen to the suggestions and just think like a musician. “I have one or two loops with overdubs and I’m done with them. Maybe record two more in the same song. How can I do that without squatting and letting go of my guitar?”

I personally like this:
    1) Press and “long” hold (==2 sec) STOP to enter “new” erase mode.
    2) Press A, B or both to erase respective loops.
    3) Press and “long” hold (==2 sec) STOP to exit “new” erase mode.

This:
    1) Press and hold LOOP A together with LOOP B (2 leftmost buttons) to clear LOOP A (the “left” loop)
    2) Press and hold LOOP B together with STOP (2 rightmost buttons) to clear LOOP B (the right loop).

Or even this:
    1) Press and “long” hold (==2 sec) STOP to erase both loops.

LoopyGuitar

I still own the 22500.
    I still love its quality of recording.
    I still use it a lot AT HOME for learning and practicing purposes.
    I still DON’T use it LIVE because of the clearing problem.

The situation is the same as from my previous post, a year ago, only that now MORE THAN 43,000 users have posted about this same issue,

Release 36 went half way, implementing a solution that still requires you to hold a button AND press another. It might work with the foot for loop B but not for loop A.

Are more than 43,000 hits enough to dedicate a few days to fix this problem? Have you thought that potential buyers of a more expensive looper would think twice about doing it because this experience with the 22500?

Please, we know you are a great company, do the right thing and correct this really simple technical problem. Get the goodwill of thousands of present and potential users.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.