Home Forums Review Your EHX Gear 22 Caliber

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    unholyblack
    Quote:
    I just purchased a Caliber 22 power amp.
    I have a guitar USB interface what is connected to my laptops USB port and I am using a software to play with various effects.
    When I plug the instrument cable into the Calibre 22 input coming from the output of the USB guitar interface the Caliber 22 cuts out immediately. If I plug the guitar straight into the Caliber input it works fine, but on bigger volume it cuts out. I am using a 100watt 8 ohm speaker cabinet.
    Could anybody advise me what could be the solution to connect the USB interface to the power amp? I have two USB guitar interfaces and the same thing happens with both of them, when I connect them to the power amp immediately cuts the sound off. I was trying to put the volume down to zero on both interfaces, but the same thing happens every time the Calibre 22 cuts out.
    I suppose it has some kind of overload protection but I can not imagine that the outgoing signal wold be so huge from the USB interface.
    I do not want to play with it because I might stuff it up.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I bought a magnum 44 and tested it with four different cabs, 2 are 8ohm and other two 16ohm.
    With 16ohm cabs no problem at any volume, but with both 8ohm cabs when I put it loud it goes in cutoff protection.
    Tested with guitar only and preamped as well, same thing appen just at higher volume.
    I don’t know if mine is defected, I guess yes otherwise is a big problem to work with 16ohm cabs only.

alnico357
    Participant

My 22 Cal will shut off with a 4 Ohm load but is fine with 8 or 16. It sounds great powering my Roland RS-09 string keyboard. EH! Give us a super clean amp like the 22/44 please! With reverb!

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.