Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 22-Caliber Input?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ernstinen

Hey all,

I’ve got a Soldano tube preamp which I love. Can I plug this into a 22-Caliber amp at a low volume as a preamp, rather than a RAT, etc., to get the tone I want? How much input can a 22-Caliber handle? I’d buy one in a second, but don’t want to blow it up with too much input!

Thanks in advance,

Ernstinen

Ernstinen

Well, my techie friends say that a tube preamp, in my case a Soldano, will work fine with the 22-Caliber. Just don’t crank the preamp up too much!

Many thanks to E-H support for helping me out on this one! If your support is as good as you say this product is, maybe I’ll look elsewhere. I know you’re busy working on the 44-Magnum, but C’mon! I need a technical answer, and soon. I’m getting on a plane in a week or so for a gig, and CANNOT bring my whole rack. I like the idea of this little amp, but will NOT buy one if you guys don’t answer my question. Thanx.

Ernstinen

electro-melx

If you want an answer from EHX contact them directly (https://www.ehx.com/about/contact) they rarely reply to questions on here. The help you are going to get here is from other users and I don’t know if any of them own the Solando pre you are talking about.. and without knowing the specs of that unit it’s kinda hard to answer.

Mr.Grim

the only way you can connect these two amp together, is if your saldano has a pre amp output, then send that into the 22 as the power amp, but thats probly backward from what yu wanted, you probly wanted the power from the saldano. but its not possable if you plug the speaker output of one or the other into the input of one or the other, you will fry the second amp. highly unrecommended!

Quote:
    Hey all,

I’ve got a Soldano tube preamp which I love. Can I plug this into a 22-Caliber amp at a low volume as a preamp, rather than a RAT, etc., to get the tone I want? How much input can a 22-Caliber handle? I’d buy one in a second, but don’t want to blow it up with too much input!

Thanks in advance,

Ernstinen

The Soldano tube preamp should work totally fine with the 22 Caliber. Does the output volume of the Soldano match the volume of a normal guitar? If so, the 22 Caliber will have no problem with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.