Home Forums EHX News 2009 Summer NAMM

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    ghost
    Quote:
    My questions:

Cathedral:
    -what does infinite do?

V256:
    -what do the drone modes do?
    -what does reflex tune mode do?
    -what does instrument control mode do?
    -what does transposition mode do?

Memory Boy:
    -what does the expression mode control?

Ha ha…, EXACTLY MY QUESTIONS!

I’m guessing prices.. Cathedral will be $214, Memory Boy $209, Toy $100, Vocoder $214

Well, there’s at least two of those I’m picking up. Boy and Cathedral.

BlueSteel
    Participant

these pedals are awesome!
    the cathedral looks really cool!

BTW what does infinite do?

ghost

Ah I have a feeling the Memory Boy Expression is NOT going to control what I want it to… Which is the Feedback knob.

I have a feeling, since the EXP is on the same switch as the Chorus/Vib it will somehow control the Modulation rate/Depth knob? Who knows….

Delay time could be great fun too though! I hope it’s not to control the Mod.

And that Infinite on the Cathedral has me SO curious. It has to be some sort of delay/loop based something. It might just be what we’ve all wanted in a “Freezer”, of sorts..

I’m really excited about this thing, as it looks like the SMMw/H in so many ways, and we all know how versatile that thing is.

julian

with the MB set to a short delay time so you just have chorus or vibrato, maybe it would be cool to do some speed adjustments in sort of a univibe type way

electro-melx

:)

DWBH

If the Memory Boy is going to cost 200 bucks, then it’s going to be pricy.

janusEffect
    Quote:
    If the Memory Boy is going to cost 200 bucks, then it’s going to be pricy.

But we’ll still buy it. :D

electro-melx
    Quote:
    Ah I have a feeling the Memory Boy Expression is NOT going to control what I want it to… Which is the Feedback knob.

I have a feeling, since the EXP is on the same switch as the Chorus/Vib it will somehow control the Modulation rate/Depth knob? Who knows….

The expression pedal controls delay time when the rate switch is set to either Vibrato or Chorus modes. Set the switch to EXP. PEDAL mode and the expression pedal controls the modulation rate.

Tax Money: Micro Synth+Riddle
    Christmas: Memory Boy

phew thank god I got that part figured out.. :)

julian

Supposedly the Memory Boy is going to be 100 dollars street.

Regardless, my GAS list is reaching ridiculous proportions. Probably about 1500 in EH stuff, and 1000 in non EH stuff. And in the last 12 months I’ve spent about 350 bucks on pedals.

ghost

As for the MBoy costing $100 – I think that was before they decided to make the MToy. Meaning that when the street price was listed, it was with the intention of the Boy being what the Toy is now. And then they decided to make the two pedals.

That’s why I’m thinking the Toy will be $99, and the Boy will be $214.

••••••••••

I spent $350 on a pedal today. So that’s $750 total for the last 3 months. BUT I’ve made some major upgrades, and most of the $ spent was older gear sold off to afford new things.

Obtained:
    EHX 2880 w/ foot controller, 2 X SMMw/H, Frequency Analyzer, Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper.

Sold:
    1st issue Sovtek Big Muff, Boss RV-3, Roland Stereo Volume Pedal.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now someone tell me what that Infinite button does so I can have something on my wish list again!

andvari7
    Participant

It’s companies like EHX, and their vast array of noisy, aluminum boxes that make life sound so wonderful, that make up for my lack of social life. To quote Henry Rollins: “My girlfriend asked me which one I liked better. Well, I hope the answer won’t upset her.”

Quote:
    As for the MBoy costing $100 – I think that was before they decided to make the MToy. Meaning that when the street price was listed, it was with the intention of the Boy being what the Toy is now. And then they decided to make the two pedals.

I would imagine Mtoy was in works with Mboy at the same time. I don’t think it was something they just came up with at the last second and put out. I do agree though that the price lists probably confused the Memory boy for the Memory toy. I can’t see the Boy being $99 and the Toy being something $65-80. I’m hoping though that the Boy will be under $200 though.

Nozdor

Damn, time to start saving for these babies! ;)

julian
    Quote:

Memory Toy was rumored to be in development when that price first came out. It wasn’t like they just came up with the Memory Toy.

They designed the Memory Boy to be a 100 dollar pedal, and raising it to 214 just because they want the cheapest option to be 100 doesn’t make sense to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.