Home Forums Vintage EHX 2 Button Analog Stereo Memory Man

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Craigory
    Participant

Hey everyone,
    Recently I bought a used vintage EH Stereo Memory Man, and I have reason to believe that it is extremely rare. After looking at photos of similar pedals online, there are 2 key differences;

The positions of the controls are different
    My Pedal:
    Top=Delay Time
    Middle=Feedback
    Bottom=Blend

Normal:
    Top:Feedback
    Middle: Blend
    Bottom: Delay

There are 2 engage buttons; one to engage the overall pedal and one to the right of it near the Blend control to switch between echo and chorus.

All of the other pedals I have seen have none of the characteristics of mine. Does anyone have more info on this pedal I have?
    Thanks!

The EH Man

pics will be helpful but I suspect you have a modified version of this:

mm4.jpg

Full page here: http://electroharmonix.ronsound.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=45

The EH Man

A bit more checking and I think you’ve been looking at pics of the big box reissues. They have the Feedback control at the top. Yours is a vintage unit.

Craigory
    Participant

Here’s a pretty poor picture of the unit. You can see the second switch in it well enough. I am not sure if the additional switch is a result of a mod added after or if this is just a rare edition, but it switches from echo to chorus.
    dsc00419ah.jpg

The EH Man

I’m pretty sure it’s a modded unit. The 2nd footswitch is doing the function of the Echo/Chorus switch on the upper right.

Fender&EHX4ever

Interesting mod idea, but it wouldn’t be very useful to me since my knob settings would be different between the chorus and delay – I would have to use my hands anyway.

SanquiFlerb

It is a good idea, to change between filter matrix and flanger on a DEM.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.