Home Forums Vintage EHX 1969 Muff Fuzz (NOS)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cornellxc
    Participant

Hey guys,

I realize that people probably come on here all the time looking for the value of a pedal and that there is no exact answer. I did my due diligence before hand and have not been able to find much info to value this effect. Everything about this box is mint, including the warranty card inside. Anyways, she works and sounds good. I have an original rams head and am pretty familiar with vintage ehx effects but valuing this box, in this condition, is proving difficult. Thanks in advance.

B

Muff_Fuzz.jpg
    image uploading

melx

It’s almost impossible to value anything that doesn’t get listed on ebay regularly (like big muffs) Good Condition later versions can be had pretty cheaply though.

this one here went for $61

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRO-HARMONIX-MUFF-FUZZ-ORIGINAL-70s-COOL-WORKS-/320632403070?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4aa72e347e#ht_500wt_1156

I suspect yours might be worth double that as it’s older and boxed etc. … it’s kind of hard to say.

DiscoFreq
    Participant

The average price is around $90, most of them are between $50 and $150

(based on a list of 95 Muff Fuzz auctions)

JACSTRAT

I had one just like the one in the picture. I purchased it for about $30. I got it back in 1978 around there, like a fool I traded it. I plan on getting the double muff and hope for the best. The one in the picture had the Steely Dan “Reeling in the years.” solo sound down to the tee. I wish I still had it!

DiscoFreq
    Participant

I think I didn’t see the picture when I posted my reply?

With box and in that condition it should be more than that average price

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.