Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 16 Second Delay Reissue Help/Fix Ideas/Advice

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

(My first post, I hope this is the right forum)

I purchased a 16 Second Delay Reissue in (about) July. The catch was that it didn’t have a power supply, until today…now I have a problem.
    The problem: there is NO output when the pedal is engaged. In bypass mode my normal guitar tone comes through just fine, but when I engage the pedal, I lose all output except for faint “clicks” from the click function. (I’m talking very faint, more like breaks in static in time with what I have the tempo set to). The lights (all of them) function as they should. It counts it with the lights, input lights work, play, record, everything.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be and if so, is it fixable? I got a really good deal on the pedal and I’d rather have it fixed than return it (I have 30 days since I’m just now getting the adapter) because the pedal is now discontinued.

I took quite a few pictures of the inside. I thought they might be of some use.

The outside (I did this because I know there were 2 versions, one with all white sliders, one with colors)
    100_3497.jpg

Inside shot of whole board (I have more detailed pictures of various parts. I post/take more if that would help)
    100_3482.jpg

Thanks in advance!

julian

I think the best option would be to send it to EH for repairs. Email info@ehx.com to get a repair number. They’ll probably charge you about 25 bucks.

BTW Sonic Youth 37, I recognize you from the Sonic Youth board. Welcome!

Thanks. I was going to e-mail them tomorrow anyway. The snag is that I don’t have any warranty info. I’ll be sure to address that.

julian

AFAIK they’ll still repair stuff that is not warrantied, it just costs a little bit more. I’ve only ever sent a pedal under warranty in, but from what I’ve heard from others, it should be around 25 bucks.

electro-melx
    Quote:
    Thanks. I was going to e-mail them tomorrow anyway. The snag is that I don’t have any warranty info. I’ll be sure to address that.

Yeah Julian is right, the good folk at EHX will repair it for you and on a unit like this it will be well worth it. Good luck and let us know how you get on. :thumb:

julian

BTW they can also do a mod for it if you’d like them to- it adds a way to bypass the count in before looping

Fender&EHX4ever

I’ll be sending mine in soon as well. They’ll still work on pedals that are out of warranty. Here’s the email I received about the mod:

“All of the last 16 second delay units have shipped with the modified software to allow the 4 beat count in to be disabled. For those of you who have the first generation reissues you can send in your units for the upgrade.

We charge a flat fee of $35 to do this. The upgrade consists of a software patch which will allow the user to disable the 4 beat count in. Once this is done the loop ends when you want it to and not at a predetermined time. But if you need the 4 beat count in enabled again you just need to reset the unit with a few settings.”

I received an e-mail back today and got the ball rolling for repairs. I’ll have the update done too to get rid of the count in. I’ll keep updating the progress here.

julian

awesome
    they have a pretty quick turn around
    you should be rocking it in no time

McHaven

I sent my micropog in and had it back in under 2 weeks…but I think they sent me someone else’s micropog, or a brand new one. I mean, mine had tons of facial scratches and a couple really identifiable marks. Unless they repainted the pedal, I got a replacement

I sent in the 16 second for repairs. They got it today, so hopefully I’ll be posting good news before too long.

16 re-arrived, in working order and it is glorious.

Stoner Wizard
    Participant

A question abou 16-SDD:

Could I connect the EH-DRM 32 to EH 16-SDD reissue?. Are they compatible?. If so, whic would be the proper routing?.

Thank you in advance and regards.

Nacho

Olrusty

Thanks for the warranty info. My Enigma Qballs broke 2 days after I got it, and it arrived in New York yesterday. Man I can’t wait to get that thing back and going.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.