Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 16 Second Delay Reissue Footswitch?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    amesace
    Participant

I love my 16 Second Delay reissue, but I want to get the footswitch to go with it so I can have the delay on a stand with my laptop and mixer. I know that tracking down the reissue footswitch is going to be tricky, but I read somewhere that the footswitch from the 2880 looper also works with the 16 Second Delay. Is that true? Or, alternatively, does anyone know where I might find a footswitch (other than ebay, which I’m already keeping an eye on) ?

Fender&EHX4ever

I know for sure that the H.O.G.’s footswitch works fine with the 16secDD.

amesace
    Participant

Awesome, that might have been what I was thinking of. Thanks a million!

Stoner Wizard
    Participant

Hello:

Quote:
    I know for sure that the H.O.G.’s footswitch works fine with the 16secDD.

I’m considering to get a 16-sec reissue, but (sadly) without the original foot controller. As you’ve said that the HOG foot controller works properly… once you plug the HOG foot controller to the 16-sec DD, I understand that HOG’s FC switches match exactly with the 16-SDD original controller switches in the same position, am I right?

Also, the FC just needs a simple patch cable with mono 1/4 jacks, am I right too?

If 16 SDD- FC switches are:

Upper row (from left to right): Octave Feedback Reverse

Lower Row (from left to right): Record Play Sweep

So if HOG’s FC switches are:

Upper row (from left to right): Preset 1 Preset 2 Preset 3

Lower Row (from left to right): Preset 4 Preset 5 Preset 6

EH-HOGFC-2T.jpg

eh_16secdelay_002.jpg

HOG’s FC really does it despite the “special” features of 16-SDD without any mod?… or is just that the fact of being a “simple” six-way switch?.

If I can use HOG’s FC with 16-SDD… i’ll get it for sure.

Thanks for help

Nacho

looptheloop

the footswitch for the 2880 works too. i have both and use a boss ab-2 switch to control both off one footswitch controller.

Stoner Wizard
    Participant

Hello:

Finally I’ve bought the EH’s 16 SDD Reissue but without the original foot controller.

Which one do you recommend as a substitute?, the HOG’s foot controller or 2880 SM-Looper’s foot controller?.

2880-foot-controller.jpg

As I asked before… do the six switches from 2880’s SML match with the 16-SDD foot controller exactly?

Thank you very much for anybody’s help.

Nacho

Stoner Wizard
    Participant

Hello:

My 16-sec DD is on the way, so I’ll have it within the next week I suppose.

I’m still wondering which control pedal to get: The HOG Foot Controller or the 2880 Foot Controller.

** HOG FC vs. 2880 FC **

– Which are your preferences and/or suggestions?.

– Pros and cons of each model?

Thank you everybody

Nacho

Stoner Wizard
    Participant

Hello again:

Whicho one would be the best option for the 16 Sec DD?, the HOG’s FC or the 2880’s FC?.

I know they’re six-way switches and as you comment here, both models could serve, but is there any noticeable difference or ease of use between them when using the 16 Sec DD?.

I’m still wondering what to do and I’d like to have more specific opinions based in your experience.

Thanks and regards.

Nacho

John J

i cant speak for certain, but im 99% sure that all three are perfectly identical aside from the paint jobs. i use the HOG controller and there is absolutely no issue, i put some tape on the middle bit and labelled each switch so i wouldnt forget which does what. it’s laid out like so on the HOG controller:

OCTAVE FEEDBACK REVERSE

RECORD PLAY SWEEP

which is 100% identical to the 16sDD controller. this is obviously different from the 2880’s labelling, but i would guess that the 16sDD would keep the above layout and you would have to relabel everything no matter what controller you went with.

based on that, i would say that you can pretty much flip a coin to make your decision (and then use the coin to buy some duct tape and a marker).

ghost
    Quote:
    the footswitch for the 2880 works too. i have both and use a boss ab-2 switch to control both off one footswitch controller.

Brilliant! You just saved me $100 for a HOG controller, as I already have a 2880 controller : )….

tau_ceti

Is there a schematic for one of these footswitches?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.