Home Forums Help/Technical Questions 1440 looper – switches stopped working (octave, reverse etc)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bobdrake
    Participant

Apologies if I posted twice, tried to edit and it seemed to have vanished – mistake on my part!

Hello –
    I’ve had the 1440 looper for about 6 months, and slowly, one by one, the small buttons for reverse, octave and (most important for me) one-shot, became less and less reliable, and finally have stopped working alltogether. The only one that still works is the one I have never used – ext clk.I would use the buttons maybe 5 or 6 times during a show, nothing excessive to account for their wearing out so quickly.

I wouldn’t mind those physical switches not working on the pedal if I were able to switch those functions with a small midi footswitch. In fact that would be better, rather than stopping and bending down to press the little buttons. So my question is – would the Gecko MkIII midi controller be able to toggle those functions (octave, reverse, one-shot) on/off?

Here’s the midi footswitch I was thinking of: https://one-control.com/products/one-control-gecko-mkiii-english

Thanks for any tips –
    Bob

PS: been using EH gear since the late 60’s and still have my Big Muff bought in 1972!

bobdrake
    Participant

It does work via midi, so I’m happy! I have barely touched midi in my life but was able to figure out how to do it from the maunal, and the manual of my old Behringer FCB 2020 midi foot controller.

Very cool and much nicer than using the little buttons on the pedal! So if your switches stop working, try it.

Bob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.