Home Forums Help/Technical Questions +1 octave pedal into the DMB FX loop ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mr. ORANGE

Hi, just a simple thing – I need a pedal capable of doing a tone 1 octave above the original note to put into the Deluxe Memory Boy’s FX loop…But I don’t want to put an EHX pedal there simply because they’re too good for that and I would rather use their full capabilities – I was thinking about Ring thing and Micro Pog, but still – I’d rather use those in a normal FX chain…And as it’s pretty much a one trick pony thing usable maybe on 2-3 songs, I’d rather buy something cheap…

I was thinking about Behringer US600 – the Harmonist – I know Behringer makes crappy things but does anyone have any experiences with it and even better in the DMB’s FX loop? Would it suffice? Or do you know any other similar pedals? Again I just need a clear octave up – so no fuzz/octaves etc…Thanks a lot…

Cryabetes
    Participant

I’ve had nothing but shit luck with Behringer pedals- a rusty small stone clone [it was NIB when I bought it], a big muff clone whose incline caused the really loose pots to rotate on their own, a tremolo whose clock produced an audible overtone, and a L6 echo park clone that has never powered up (and I still haven’t figured out why). So uh I’m gonna vote stay away from them?
    A Boss PS-2 or HR-2 would get what you’re looking for, as well as some zcat pedals.
    Otherwise, there’s always effectsdatabase.com to dig through.

Mr. ORANGE

Thanks – it’s just that not every effect is available in a God forsaken hole I happen to live in…But thanks…

I know Behringer effects are bad but I thought just for this one thing it could work…I will try it in a shop anyway…THX

Cryabetes
    Participant
    Quote:
    Thanks – it’s just that not every effect is available in a God forsaken hole I happen to live in…But thanks…

if the good lord had intended for us to shop locally, he wouldn’t have made ebay. :D

also, most of these pedal are in about the $90 range or up used.
    For that same price, you could get a Korg Electribe EA-1 and use the audio in to remodulate the delays against a synth sequence, which could be very interesting.

Mr. ORANGE

That’s a great idea ! It certainly would be interesting. That synth tones sounds awesome ! …But still – I want something small and easy to use live, for experiments I’m planning to buy the Hog or some similar beast but that’s a little far ahead… :worried: And I can come up with some great synth tones just by using the FuzzFactory and DMB’s square wave…really great lo-fi tones…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.