Home Forums Help/Technical Questions #1 Echo Volume loss

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    philtheheat

Hi all,
    It’s my first post here. I’m living in France, so forgive my langauge mistakes.

I’ve red a few posts pointing the volume loss of the #1 Echo stompbox but none of them are giving any kind of solution.

So, I’m asking to technical guys here, is there any solution ? Is it possible to modify the pedal, just by changing a resistor which could increase the default volume of the dry signal which will allow a normal level when rotating the blend knob clockwise ?

I just bought this pedal 2 days ago and I love its sound. I choose it because I wanted a True Bypass pedal which doesn’t alter my guitar sound. I’ve got the Boss DD3 which is a great Delay but it cuts the lower bandwidth and alter my sound when inserted in my effects sets, even when switched OFF.

The ONLY con I find to the #1 echo is this volume loss. I personally find that was a weird idea to lower the dry signal, anyway … But I’m definitely concerned by this and I’m thinking of buying another box, if I find one in this price range which looks difficult.

Thanks for your help, and I’d be very interested in having a feedback for the EHX team.

SanquiFlerb

no one from ehx actually visit this forum. We are just regular ehx users. Maybe being lucky scott will pop up, but I don’t think he’ll provide enough info on how to change the resistors and which one (plus they’re smd’s components). Best you can do is to run the #1 echo on a tb loop with a clean booster like the lpb-1.

philtheheat

Thanks for your reply SanquiFlerb.

I think the best way is as you said to insert the box into a separate TB loop.
    Though I appreciate the sound of this pedal, I’m a bit disapointed by this surprising feature.

efilho

Can I suggest you to try to test another unit? I have a #1 echo and no volume drop for me!!!!

I’ve heard other people with the same complaint. Mine works perfectly (NO VOL DROP).

So maybe some units do and others don’t (?!?!?!?!)

Or you can go to the shop where you got yours and exchange it for a Memory toy!

Ed

philtheheat

Hi efilho,

May be you don’t hear any volume drop or more probably you put the “blend” knob below 10.
    This knob is a mix knob, as soon as you turn it clockwise you lower the dry level and upper the wet signal, thus you have a volume drop it’s logical.
    I have set the ‘blend’ knob beetwen 9 and 10 and this is acceptable. Try to put it at noon or more and you’ll hear the difference. This is not a trouble on mine.
    Thanks for your post.

efilho

Yeah. I never go above 9-10 on mine.

Living and Learning eh!?

Thanks.

burnthogan
    Participant
    Quote:
    Hi efilho,

May be you don’t hear any volume drop or more probably you put the “blend” knob below 10.
    This knob is a mix knob, as soon as you turn it clockwise you lower the dry level and upper the wet signal, thus you have a volume drop it’s logical.
    I have set the ‘blend’ knob between 9 and 10 and this is acceptable. Try to put it at noon or more and you’ll hear the difference. This is not a trouble on mine.
    Thanks for your post.

Agreed.

This issue is the same with mine. I keep the blend at 9 o clock – Delay at 12 – Feedback at 10:30 an it sounds pretty good for a slapbackish vibe. The volume loss makes it un usable in most situations with the pedal dialed past 10 on the blend. I still haven’t decided if I like it or will go back to using my Boss DD3.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.