Home Forums Help/Technical Questions #1 Echo power supply question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TeleFreak80

Hey there, Greetings from Scotland. I just recieved my #1 Echo and I love it but I plugged it into a One Spot before I read the warning not to use anything other than the supplied adaptor (which had “replacement for Boss and Ibanez” written on it for some reason) Have I damaged my echo? Can I carry on using it with my one spot? I asked the guy in the shop and he said he thought it would be ok but he didn’t sound 100% sure. Does anyone know why this pedal can only be used with the supplied adaptor. Please help as I’d rather use the one spot as it’s neater and more practical.

The EH Man

That’s mainly a warning for inexperienced users so they won’t plug in a wrong adapter and fry the pedal. It should be fine on a 1Spot.

TeleFreak80

Really? It said not to use it with any other adaptors, even EHX ones.

Yup, as EH Man said, you’re good with the 1Spot.

TGM

The EH Man

That’s because there are several different voltages available in EHX adapters. You’ll be fine w/ the 1 spot.

TeleFreak80

AH Ok, thanks for your help guys. Just wanted to be sure. I would hate to bugger up my pedal a day after getting it.

melx
    Quote:
    Really? It said not to use it with any other adaptors, even EHX ones.

that’s because EHX have pedals that run on 18 and 24v

as you’ve seen already, the supplied adaptor is a 9v centre negative boss type. That is the only type you should use. the one spot supplies 9v centre negative (without any of the adaptors) from it’s chain, so it will be fine ….although some pedals might make noise or not work correctly when chained, you won’t do any damage to the pedal.

You obviously aren’t sure about this stuff yourself and that’s exactly why EHX state what they do in the manual, it’s very easy to damage a pedal using the incorrect type. If in doubt ask before plugging in anything you aren’t sure about.

TeleFreak80

Cheers Melx. It’s beeen a long time since I used any stomp boxes with a power supply. My fetish for stomp boxes has been reignited and I decided to build up a board that I can use without the drama of changing batteries.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.